Our expert pathologists can help you with everything from routine tests to the most rare and esoteric cases, and also offer consultation services so you can talk directly with them about results.
The Department of Pathology of The University of Chicago is preeminent nationally and globally in the diagnosis and study of human disease and in professional training in major areas of pathology and laboratory medicine. The department includes more than 50 full-time faculty, 23 residents and 13 fellows/clinical post-doctoral scholars. The University of Chicago Medicine’s Clinical Laboratories consist of over 300 staff providing testing services in most aspects of clinical pathology, anatomic pathology and genomic & molecular pathology.
We offer the following services to our consulting physicians:
- Broad expertise in virtually all specialties
- Direct line to responsive central client service area to handle inquires
- Prompt response
- One to three-day turnaround on cases not requiring additional special studies
Supported by the expertise and resources of a world-class academic medical system, the pathologists of the University of Chicago Department of Pathology provide second opinion consultation services for anatomic pathology, clinical pathology and genomic & molecular pathology specialties.
Benefits of the University of Chicago Department of Pathology second opinion consultation services for referring physicians and their patients include:
- A large team of board-certified pathologists and laboratory scientists with extensive knowledge and diagnostic expertise across pathology subspecialties
- An accredited, full-service laboratory equipped with leading-edge diagnostic capabilities
- Comprehensive histology, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and molecular pathology testing services
- Quick turnaround times with preliminary reports faxed promptly and direct phone communication of notable pathologic distinction
- Daily collaborative review of challenging cases
- Thorough one-on-one consultations with an appropriate pathology specialist on second opinion cases
UChicago MedLabs’ physicians engage in daily consensus slide reviews for challenging cases and participate in weekly multispecialty tumor boards. Learn more about all of our expert pathologists and request a consultation online.